Join us every Tuesday on Instagram Live (@ZeitzMOCAA) for Head to Head our series of discussions with leading art practitioners as they explore the unique set of challenges and opportunities facing institutions and individuals working in contemporary art on the African continent.
This month Koyo Kouoh, Executive Director and Chief Curator of Zeitz MOCAA, is joined by:
- 2 June: Artist, curator and gallerist Daudi Karungi
- 9 June: Tracey Rose will join Kouoh for a discussion on the artist’s twenty-five years of radical art practice. *Please note this conversation will take place at 7 p.m. Central African Time
- 16 June: Michael Armitage who, through his paintings, casts a critical eye on social and political issues in his birth country of Kenya and beyond
- 23 June: Angolan-born independent curator and architect, Paula Nascimento
- 30 June: Wangechi Mutu, an artist who explores questions of self-image, gender constructs, cultural trauma and environmental destruction
Here are some conversations from May. To see all of May’s conversations, click here.