The Centre for Art Education
The CFAE is located on Level -1 and consists of two classrooms, as well as shared office space and two bathrooms. The classrooms function as practical studio spaces for art teaching working in wet and dry mediums, and can also be used for meetings, seminars and workshops. Classroom 1 has the capacity to accommodate between 30 and 60 people working or seated at tables. Classroom 2 can accommodate up to 50 people seated or 30 people working at tables.
- – Cupboards and storage space for art materials and equipment
- – 15 portable tables
- – 60 stools
- – 40 square metres of pinboard areas for exhibition and display
- – A data projector and pull-down screen in each classroom for presentation and teaching
- – Library shelving in classroom 1
- – 9 square metres of shelving for the storage of three-dimensional works
- – 4 large floor mats for children to sit or work on
- – b75 lockers
- – Areas with sinks and fridges in each classroom for food preparation.
Lalela provides educational arts for youth-at-risk to spark creative thinking and awaken an entrepreneurial spirit. Ignite imagination and teach children how to map and manifest their dreams and goals.
Bring your young artists-in-residence for our December holiday workshops. Our art educators will guide your little ones through making artworks such as fabric paintings and pop-up books.
We offer a varied and inspiring programme of activities for schools to experience with us, tailored to various ages. Tours of the permanent collection and curated exhibitions are led by members of the education team.