The MOCAA Art Club is aimed at high school students in grades 9 through 11. Teenagers who love art are invited to apply for membership, where they will enjoy a space to connect with each other and make and learn about art.
The intention of MOCAA Art Club is to develop visual art literacy and criticality in an environment that fosters social cohesion and an understanding of diverse attitudes and practices. The curriculum will explore contemporary art from Africa and its diaspora through exhibition visits, discussions, art-making and reviews. The discussion that arises from these activities will act as the catalyst for conceptual development and creation. Members will work towards an exhibition that they will curate and install at Zeitz MOCAA.
To ensure access for all to the MOCAA Art Club, the CFAE has introduced both paid and bursary memberships, with bursaries awarded to students from no or low-paying schools in Cape Town who show a keen interest and promise in their art-making capabilities.
Applications must include:
- A one-page typed/written motivation letter explaining ‘Why I want to be part of MOCAA Art Club’
- A portfolio consisting of
– A4 to A3 artwork inspired by an artist from Africa
– A5 observational drawing of an object that represents Africa today with a short caption for the drawing that explains why the object was chosen
– Any artwork in any medium produced in the last six months and no larger than A1
Applications can be submitted in person on Saturday 16th or Monday 18th July, or via email to email@example.com. Applications for MOCAA Art Club close on Monday, 18 July.
Date and time:
Saturdays, 2 – 5 pm
To apply, please click here