Art Week Cape Town is here! Enjoy a host of events and exhibitions at Zeitz MOCAA during this year’s festival.
More details below:
13 February 2019
• 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Africa Wednesday – free entry to all citizens of African countries.
• 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Open Studios – children’s workshops
• 11:30 a.m. – 1 p.m.: Five Bhobh – Painting from the End of an Era – Something We African Got (SWAG) Journal discussion
• 4:30 – 5:30 p.m: Freespace – Future City…Digital, Adults discussion
14 February 2019
• 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: The Main Complaint – #Nofairground in Centre for Photography
• 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.: Freespace –Touching the ephemeral discussion
15 February 2019
• 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.: The Main Complaint -#Nofairground in Centre for Photography
• 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.: Five Bhobh – Painting from the End of an Era – exhibition catalogue discussion
16 February 2019
• 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.: The Main Complaint – #Nofairground in Centre for Photography
• 4:30 – 5:30 p.m.: Freespace – New places of memory – closing performance
And don’t forget, all Investec Cape Town Art Fair ticket-holders get 20% off day tickets and discount on general memberships at Zeitz MOCAA and likewise, all Zeitz MOCAA ticket holders and members get 20% off ICTAF day and weekend tickets for the duration of the fair, 14-17 February 2019. This deal will only be available at the door of ICTAF and Zeitz MOCAA on presentation of a valid pass or membership.
Not a member? Join or renew here.
This programme is subject to change. Please keep an eye on our social platforms for any updates.
Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA)
Silo District, South Arm Road, V&A Waterfront
Cape Town, 8002, South Africa
Interim Head of Communications
+27 (0) 72 010 7704
Communications and Marketing Manager
+27 (0) 79 695 6201
Notes to editors:
About the Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa
Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) is a public not-for-profit contemporary art museum that collects, preserves, researches and exhibits 21st-century art from Africa and its diaspora; hosts international exhibitions; develops supporting educational and enrichment programmes; encourages intercultural understanding, and guarantees access for all. Galleries are dedicated to a large cutting-edge permanent collection; temporary exhibitions; and Centres for Art Education, Curatorial Training, Performative Practice, Photography, the Moving Image, and the Costume Institute.
Zeitz MOCAA was established through a partnership between the V&A Waterfront led by CEO David Green––acting on behalf of Growthpoint Properties Limited and the Government Employees Pension Find (GEPF), represented by the Public Investment Corporation Limited (PIC)––and collector Jochen Zeitz. The building was reimagined through a design by the acclaimed London-based Heatherwick Studio.