When we first introduced the idea of an exhibition featuring art from, for and by Capetonians, it was a mammoth undertaking – but one we were ready to embrace. Now, nearly one year later, an exhibition borne from the need for connection has become an important representation of our lives during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Home Is Where the Art Is will officially be closing on Sunday, 31 October, and in preparation for ensuring all artworks are returned to their rightful owners, we would like to let you know about the collections process.
The museum will have two types of collections available, namely on-site and collection points – more on that below. Collections will be done via bookings with allocated slots for each timeframe to ensure all COVID-19 protocols are followed. Please book your collection slot via Webtickets.
IMPORTANT TO KNOW
1. You must present your original copy of the artwork receipt or a valid form of identification. If someone is collecting on your behalf, they must present a signed copy of your ID.
2. Your health and safety are important to us so the following COVID-19 rules will apply:
· On arrival, your temperature will be taken
· You will be asked to sanitise
· Should there be multiple people waiting, a social distance of 1.5 m will be required
3. The last bookings for on-site collections will be taken on Wednesday, 3 November and for collection points on Friday, 12 November.
4. If none of the below dates is suitable, please contact Lee Burgers, Registrar, at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Zeitz MOCAA’s COVID-19 disclaimer, bookings and arrangements are subject to change based on restrictions and you will be updated accordingly
On-site collections will take place at Zeitz MOCAA from 10 am to 6 pm on Monday, 8 November to Wednesday, 17 November. Please ensure you collect from the Scheryn Arena side entrance as illustrated on the below map. Book here to collect at Zeitz MOCAA.
Off-site collections will take place at the following collection points across the Western Cape:
Casa Labia, Muizenberg
10 am to 7 pm on Saturday and Sunday, 20-21 November
Book here to collect at Casa Labia.
Lalela, Hout Bay (36 Albert Road, Northshore)
10 am to 2 pm on Saturday, 20 November
Book here to collect at Lalela.
Tygerberg Art Centre, Parow
10 am to 4 pm on Saturday and Sunday, 27-28 November
Book here to collect at Tygerberg Art Centre.
10 am to 12 pm on Saturday, 27 November
Book here to collect at SOHA.
PJ Olivier Art Centre, Stellenbosch
10 am to 7 pm on Tuesday and Wednesday, 30 November to 1 December
Book here to collect at PJ Olivier Art Centre.
Isivivana Centre, Khayelitsha
10 am to 12 pm on Saturday, 4 December
Book here to collect at Isivivana Centre.