Job Title: Patrons Coordinator
Department: Institutional Advancement
Reporting to: Head of Patrons
Duration: Full time with a 3-month probation period
Start date: As soon as possible
Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) is a public not-for-profit contemporary art museum which collects, preserves, researches, and exhibits twenty-first-century art from Africa and its Diaspora; hosts international exhibitions; develops supporting educational and enrichment programmes; encourages intercultural understanding; and guarantees access for all. Over one hundred galleries, spread over nine floors, are dedicated to a large cutting edge permanent collection; temporary exhibitions; and Centres for Art Education, Curatorial Excellence, Performative Practice, Photography, the Moving Image, and the Costume Institute.
The Patrons Coordinator is primarily responsible for all administrative aspects of the Institutional Advancement Department, including working closely with the Membership and Events teams. She/he plays a vital role in providing administrative and gift processing support to the Department; and, participate in all fundraising activities including donor and sponsor relations, as directed and assigned. The Coordinator will oversee all core department operations including gift processing, donor receipts and gift acknowledgements while maintaining the integrity of donor financial records and files.
- Supporting the Head of Patrons with all aspects of donor relations, both client-facing and administrative duties.
- The implementation of a new database, and responsible for accurate data entry into donor and prospect records, data cleansing, and manipulation.
- Maintaining necessary donor records and files; and, other records related to contributions.
- Responsible for the production of lists and reports as needed by the Advancement and Membership offices.
- Draft acquisition, renewal, and reinstatement correspondence copy.
- Manage acknowledgements for various campaigns; draft/edit personalised acknowledgements as needed.
- Reporting on key membership and development metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Provide support for various development activities including campaigns, fundraisers, member cultivation, patron events and travel programs.
Bachelor’s degree, and three years related work experience. Fundraising or philanthropy experience a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Highly personable, with excellent spoken and written English.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent research, writing, editing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills, particularly in MS Word & Excel for reporting and analysis. Database experience a plus.
- General knowledge of the utilisation of information systems to support fund-raising activities.
- Excellent attention to detail, and a high rate of productivity.
- Ability to handle confidential records and sensitive donor information with discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work evening hours for donor events and some weekends.
As a cutting-edge equal opportunity institution, Zeitz MOCAA celebrates diversity in all its forms including gender, race, creed, and orientation. Zeitz MOCAA is committed to Employment Equity and particularly welcomes applications suitably qualified Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDIs) for this position.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to: email@example.com, closing date, 7 October 2018.