Job Title: Membership Assistant
Department: Institutional Advancement
Reporting to: Head of Patrons
Duration: Full time with a 3-month probation period
Start date: As soon as possible
Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) is a public not-for-profit contemporary art museum which collects, preserves, researches, and exhibits twenty-first-century art from Africa and its Diaspora; hosts international exhibitions; develops supporting educational and enrichment programmes; encourages intercultural understanding; and guarantees access for all. Over one hundred galleries, spread over nine floors, are dedicated to a large cutting edge permanent collection; temporary exhibitions; and Centres for Art Education, Curatorial Excellence, Performative Practice, Photography, the Moving Image, and the Costume Institute.
The role of the Membership Assistant is to drive increased membership sales by delivering exemplary, knowledgable, and professional service to members and prospective members. They will further analyse the department’s performance and maintain relationships with existing members through membership benefit fulfilment. This person will also use statistical analysis and provide reports on sales to the department head on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
– Maintain service excellence at all times – both in person, by phone, and via email.
– Achieving set targets for the membership sales department
– Handle all membership related queries including annual renewals and upgrades.
– Enrol prospective members, print/issue purchased membership cards, and complete all aftersale procedures and relevant member follow-up
– Know the products and services offered, including the terms and benefits (e.g. special features and membership policies)
– Responsibility for accurate data entry into donor and prospect records, data cleansing, and manipulation
– Maintaining necessary donor records and files, and other related records/
– Reporting on key membership and advancement metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
– Provide support for various advancement activities including campaigns, fundraisers, member cultivation, patron events and travel programs as needed
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Skills and Behavioural Requirements
– Strong customer services skills, must be client focused, highly professional, and enjoy establishing good customer relations
– Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
– High-level initiative with the ability to self-motivate, reliable and dependable. Proactive problem-solver
– Attention to detail, and demonstrate a high level of vigilance
– Strong communication skills, and possess the ability to handle diverse groups of people.
– Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships (internal/external)
– Strong data entry experience, and knowledge of the utilisation of information systems
– Ability to handle confidential records and sensitive donor information with discretion and confidentiality
– Preferably Grade 12 or equivalent NQF Level
– Higher Education advantageous
– Strong computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Strong Excel skills essential)
– Webtickets experience advantageous
– 2+ years of relevant experience in customer service industry
As a cutting edge equal opportunity institution, Zeitz MOCAA celebrates diversity in all its forms including gender, race, creed, and orientation. Zeitz MOCAA is committed to Employment Equity and particularly welcomes applications suitably qualified Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDIs) for this position.
To apply please send your CV and a covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org, closing date, 24 May 2019.