Job Title: Content and Digital Platforms Coordinator
Department: Institutional Advancement
Reporting to: Communications and Marketing Manager
Duration: Full time with a 3-month probation period
Start date: As soon as possible
Zeitz Museum of Contemporary Art Africa (Zeitz MOCAA) is a public, not-for-profit contemporary art museum which collects, preserves, researches, and exhibits twenty-first-century art from Africa and its diaspora; hosts international exhibitions; develops supporting educational and enrichment programmes; encourages intercultural understanding; and guarantees access for all.
The role of the Content and Digital Platforms Coordinator is to work alongside the Head and Manager of the Communications and Marketing department and the rest of the Communications Team to create content for and to manage the digital (and other) communications platforms. This includes, but is not limited to the Zeitz MOCAA digital channels, including the website, social media platforms and e-newsletters.
• Content creation: development of content for digital and other channels, including photography of events; and drafting of a copy.
• DTP (desktop publishing) and design: oversee and design invites, social media posts and posters; creation of adverts.
• Digital Plan: Work with the Communications and Marketing Manager to develop and implement a digital and social media platform strategy.
• Community management: day-to-day updates and enhancements of all social media platforms and website, including the day-to-day management thereof.
• Monitoring the organisation’s reputation across social media platforms.
• Data development, analysis and reporting.
• Support Communications and Marketing Manager with media events during and after museum operational hours.
• Support the Communications Team with administrative tasks where required.
• Take photo shoots, videos at events and as requested for the digital platforms and media content.
• Other activities and tasks, as needed, under the direction of the Communications and Marketing Manager.
Job Specification: (Requirements necessary to conduct the job successfully)
• Well-developed and proven verbal/written communication skills
• Creative, with a keen eye for detail.
• A love for the arts and creative field.
• Excellent engagement and customer responsiveness skills
• Ability to shoot photography of events and activities happening at the museum.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others and within a team.
• Ability to effectively multitask and coordinate a high level of activity under a variety of conditions and constraints and completion within deadlines.
• Exceptional organisational, project management and time management skills.
• Ability to remain calm, collected and professional in a crisis.
• Strong computer skills with a high level of proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint)
• Advantageous: the ability to work with design and editing programmes (including InDesign and the Adobe Creative Suite).
• High-level initiative with the ability to self-motivate.
• Tertiary education in design, marketing or arts-related field.
• 1-2 years of relevant experience, with a portfolio of work showing examples of writing for brands and social media.
• Advantageous: a portfolio of design and photography work.
As a cutting edge equal opportunity institution, Zeitz MOCAA celebrates diversity in all its forms, including gender, race, creed, and orientation. Zeitz MOCAA is committed to Employment Equity and particularly welcomes applications suitably qualified Historically Disadvantaged Individuals (HDIs) for this position.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com, closing date, 19 September 2019.